INOSYS LBS: New Socomec Load break switches
INOSYS LBS : The perfect combination of proven switch technology with remote tripping function
Socomec manufactures a unique and innovative solution for the protection of electrical facilities and offers a full range of load break switches with disconnection (for AC and DC current). Whilst retaining the essential features that contributed to the success and reputation of the SIRCO range, the INOSYS LBS load break switches today offer users a real technological leap forward. By integrating a tripping function that allows remote emergency switching, we offers a major advance to users of load break switches.
Slika: parts of INOSYS LBS (click for bigger picture)
- Tripping function
- Clear visible contact indication
- Enhanced disconnection and isolation
- Highly reliable solution
- Ease of installation
Choosing the right load break switches
Load break switches for all your applications
- Machine control
- power distribution
- photovoltaic installations
Operating in the electrical breaking technology market since 1922, SOCOMEC is both a global leader and unrivalled benchmark.
Our range of load break switches is currently one of the widest on the market. Although the SIRCO M and SIRCO products alone meet the majority of requirements, SOCOMEC has set out to cover the entire range of applications.
Why choose a load break switch designed for photovoltaic applications?
- Safe operations
To ensure electrical separation during maintenance operations, or for emergency breaking to prevent a risk of fire or electrical shock, it is essential that dedicated photovoltaic switches are used.
These devices must be installed at each functional level of the installation based on its architecture.
In order to disconnect a direct current photovoltaic string, generator or UpS, only SIRCO PV or SIRCO MC PV devices can:
• Isolate the associated high DC voltages ,
• guarantee safe on-load disconnection several thousand times across the full range of DC currents linked to daily fluctuations in sunlight, up to 1500 VDC.
- Devices designed for extreme conditions
SIRCOs have been designed for industrial use. They are extremely robust, with casings made from glass fibre-reinforced thermoset materials, bringing numerous benefits:
• Stable temperatures, unlike some thermoplastics,
• Excellent resistance to high temperatures,
• good electrical characteristics: Arc and insulation resistance,
• good mechanical characteristics: Dimensional stability and rigidity over time.
These benefits are particularly important in photovoltaic installations, where the temperature may be below 0°C or above 50°C.
- Back-to-back design, an innovative solution
The SOCOMEC range of photovoltaic load break switches enables simultaneous on-load disconnection of two circuits using a single handle.
• Space saving: The overall width is the same as that of 3 or 4 pole devices. This enables significant savings, as compared to the use of two separate devices.
• Simple connection and integration.
• Increasing the voltage: Connecting the two devices in series allows on-load disconnection of voltages above 1000 VDC.
• Doubling the rating: by connecting the two devices in parallel.
Ensure the safety and efficiency of your PV plant with RESYS AFD
PV Arc-Fault & String Monitoring system
Defective PV modules and components – as well as faulty cables or connectors – can lead to potentially dangerous arc-faults. Undetected, an arc-fault could result in an electrical fire, causing damage to the PV installation and surrounding property.
RESYS AFD – Arc Fault Detection & String Monitoring system – is a compact solution for integration within a PV combiner box, designed to detect and interrupt an electrical arc before it results in a potential fire. It also monitors the PV energy production at string level to reduce energy losses and guarantee the return on investment of the PV plant.
INOSYS LBS combined with RESYS AFD provide a fully tested and certified Arc Fault Detection and Interruption system, together with string monitoring and rapid shutdown function.
- Accurate string monitoring
- UL1699B compliant
- Reliable arc detection
- Easy to integrate
Video about INOSYS LBS: